Our Chaplains Course Overview:
This course provides the candidate Chaplain with the biblical, practical, and theoretical framework and skills to serve effectively in various ministry contexts. It utilizes historically and practically tested approaches to creatively inform, guide, influence, equip, shape, energize, and release the candidate Chaplain to serve and provide holistic wellness to people in need from a biblically-based ministry practices.
Chaplains provide a ministry of presence to people in need. Ministry contexts include (but not limited to):
• Hospitals • Schools • Colleges
• Universities • Prisons • Law Enforcement
• Fire Departments • Military • Sports Teams
• Community Missions & Events • House Blessings • Funerals
• Family Ceremonies • Buildings Dedications • Street Ministry
Our Value Proposition:
Given the diverse ministry opportunities today, we value the training, equipping, and certifying of church and community-based leaders so that they actively engage in marketplace ministries and activities.
Our Program Goals:
- To equip candidates with practical Bible-based knowledge and skills.
- To equip candidates with Bible-based moral thinking, knowledge and skills.
- To equip candidates with Bible-based knowledge in the dynamics of organizations.
- To equip candidates with knowledge and competencies in Bible-based servant leadership and authority.
- To equip candidates with Bible-based contextual chaplaincy skills.
- To equip candidates with Bible-based knowledge in the linkage between Mission and Chaplaincy (ministry of presence).
- To equip candidates with knowledge and skills in religious diversity and dialogue.
Our Core Values:
- God-fearing – revering for God is our foundation
- Love – displaying Christ’s unconditional love to all people
- Justice – standing up for what is right
- Honesty – being transparent in our dealings
- Courage – being bold socially, morally, emotionally, and spiritually
- Excellence – being extremely good at what we do
- Accountability – taking full responsibility for our actions
Our Operational Culture:
Pursuant of our objective to foster holistic and responsive wellness approaches to people in need, we shall endeavor to:
- Uphold the highest moral principles
- Pursue the best business ethics and practices
- Adhere to the best professional standards
- Create welcoming and professional environments in dealing with all people
- Adopt Bible-based coherent strategic approach to our core business of ministering to people
- Network and collaborate with others like-mind to share resources and encourage one another
Requirements for Graduation / Certification:
- Previous Theological
- Complete all the
- Complete the practicum/internship component of the program
- Write a reflection paper after visiting two ministry contexts and a Funeral Home in your community.
- Complete all the courses (modules)
- Professor William Kimando
- Professor Nattalee Solomon-James
- Dr. Leolene Harris
- Dr. Ruby Jordan
- Rev. Jane Kimando